Check out other Bird pictures

My main blog; http://wildinidaho.blogspot.com has many other pictures of birds and other wildlife.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Henrys Fork Audubon Society Meeting.

We just had our first Henrys Fork Audubon Society Meeting tonight.  It was like many organizational beginnings; small in numbers but large in dreams and enthusiasm.  It may have been the presenter - me - talking about sage and sharp-tailed grouse.  But we are determined to make a go of it.

Our next meeting will be May 26 with a field trip on May 21 at Camas National Wildlife Refuge.

In the meantime, this afternoon I enjoyed a few minutes watching a few birds in the high winds.  First was some Common Loons.  There are 14 on a pond on the Teton River just outside of Rexburg.


Forster's Terns just showed up in the last few days and the wind would carry them right over my hiding place.


 I will keep you posted on the upcoming activities on this blog about the Henrys Fork Audubon Society activities

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful shots, Bill....I can't believe the clarity when I look at a close up of the Tern's wing.
What type of equipment do you use?

TexWisGirl said...

Those are both beautiful shots.

Log Cabin Studio said...

Wonderful photos,I love the one of the eagle.
Caroline

theconstantwalker said...

Lovely images of your wonderful birds. Many thanks for sharing.

Sharon M said...

Wow, that second shot is fantastic!